cream cheese filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 – 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 oz of butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup raisin
- ½ cup pecan, chopped
- Preheat over to 350F. Prepare cookie pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, flour, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar, and beat until well combined.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, then the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Fold in the carrots, raisins, and pecans with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheets, spacing at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges are light brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Once cooled, scoop a spoonful of cream cheese filling in the middle of one cookie and top with another cookie. Press gently.
- Place in fridge for 30 – 1 hour to set.